Friday, August 19, 2005

This Fragile Little Life


I'm currently in New York City and was informed via phone of the tragedy in Provo where 4 people drowned in a cave. One of them, Jen, I had been talking to just 5 days ago. You see, Jen appears in the film THIS DIVIDED STATE for a few seconds. While editing the movie, I literally saw all the footage hundreds of times. Her face became very familiar to me and I almost felt a strange relationship with her. I contacted her last week to inform her that she appeared in my movie and she was excited to see it. I also invited her to the DVD release party. She was going to come.


I got tears in my eyes when I heard what had happened to her. Life is too fucking fragile. Great people come and go in the blink of an eye. I, however, believe in an after life. In a spiritual way, I hope one day I can meet Jen face to face and get to know her. I'm sure this will happen. God, what a beautiful person. God, what a horrible tragedy.

-steve

No comments: