Thursday, August 11, 2005

Jesus Loves Me


The Jehovahs Witnesses were in my neighborhood today so I gave them five minutes of my precious time and they gave me one of their lovely Watchtower pamphlets. Some people fear, hate or are just plain annoyed by Jesus people walking door to door, but I've always been impressed by their dedication so long as they're not too pushy. I especially enjoy the Watchtower pamphlets the Jehovas Witnesses offer. It's like The Bible For Dummies with bite sized scriptures and really cool paintings ta boot. And since using Jesus to justify your own political viewpoint is all the rage these days, I thought I would utilize this handy pamphlet and jump on the band-wagon. So Hey-Ho! Let's-Go!

From the "Who is The Devil" section: Satan also misleads people through extreme pride of race and the worship of political organizations. Some feel that their nation or race is better than others. but this is not true. [Acts 10:34, 35] Sing it brother!

From the "Practices that God Hates" section: It is wrong to take revenge or to return evil from the bad things that others might do to us. -Proverbs 24:29; Romans 12:17-21
Pa-Pow! 2 sources on that one. Take that Dubya! God hates you!

Other sections include: "Family Life that Pleases God", "God's Servants Must Be Clean", and "Showing Respect for Life and Blood", but I'll save those for another time.

I wish I were clever enough to post a picture. I'm telling you, these paintings are great. One time I saw this painting of this 6 headed beast of the Apocalypse on the cover of a Watchtower with a big 666 on it. I thought it was a concert flyer for a Norwegian death metal band or something. It was so cool.

UPDATE: We couldn't find that picture, but found one equally cool and scary.

No comments: