Saturday, August 06, 2005

56% think Bush is "arrogant"

The LA Times published this article. If it were really a liberal media, the headline would read something like this: "56% of Americans describe Bush is 'Arrogant'" not the actual headline of "48% of Americans describe Bush as 'Honest.'" I think it's a much larger headline that a majority of the country think that the leader of the "free" world is an arrogant prick. Ok, so I added the prick part. But it I guess it also seems like news that a slim minority of Americans are under the delusion that Bush is honest.


I guess it really depends on how you spin it. And I found a great definition of arrogant, too. This is from wikipedia:

In Christian dogma, pride (or vanity) is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is listed as one of the seven deadly sins, as superbia..

I just think it's funny that, depending on your definition, 56% percent of the country think George Bush could be a sinner.

Here's another defnition. This time it's from dictionary.com. I'm more in agreement with this definition:

Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others: an arrogant contempt for the weak.

Either way, support for Bush seems to be slipping. I just hope everyone pays attention during the mid-term election.

No comments: