Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bryan's Top Five of '05

This list isn't complete. I can't remember what I saw last January. You know what I mean? This is the stuff I think was my favorite from the year. I've seen a lot of movies this year though, so it would be foolish of me to assume that I could remember all the ones that were best. These are the ones that I remember best and have watched repeatedly. Also, I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain or The New World yet, so... there you have it...

5) Broken Flowers. I really like Jim Jarmusch and this movie gets better and better with extra viewings. Jarmusch is the king of awkward silence comedy.

4) King Kong. I've seen it three times and wish I had the time to go see it some more. Peter Jackson really just knows how to leave an audience breathless for 3 straight hours.

3) Sin City. 'Nuff said

2) Syriana. This movie, almost more than any other I've seen this year has made me want to go back and see it on a near constant basis since I saw it the first time.

And as though you couldn't guess my number one film of the year would be:

1) Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. This movie was amazing on every level for me. I was 12 years old again watching it. And watching it through the eyes of my 3 year old son makes it even better.

As far as runners-up: Batman, Walk the Line, Capote, Squid and the Whale, Munich, New York Doll, Serenity. There's others. Lot's of others.

These lists are stupid. I like Star Wars.

1 comment:

Charley Foster said...

I had written off Mickey Rourke as entirely irrelevant until I rented Sin City.