Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Michael Moore and "SICKO"



I was sitting in a Fed Ex Kinkos the other day printing some posters for THIS DIVIDED STATE and I was sitting next to this man in Khaki Dockers, a white shirt and tie working on his laptop. He had a Blackberry, his Palm Pilot, and laptop setup in a kind of "war room" motif. Obviously a businessman of some sort, but white shirts and ties are common for Utah, so I didn't pay any mind.


When I began to organize my posters, he blurted out "Oh, is that some kind of Michael Moore thing?". I told him, "yes", and gave him the synopsis of THIS DIVIDED STATE. Then he dropped his bombshell, "Micheal Moore's film crew came by my work the other day asking questions. I work for Abbott Pharmaceuticals and apparantly, Moore is working on his new healthcare documentary."


He then went on to explain about how his company has weekly meetings wherein they have "Michael Moore updates". In fact, when his film crew showed up, workers called the company's "Michael Moore hotline". After a few minutes, he came out of the closet. "I'm actually a universal healthcare supporter and I love Michael Moore. You see, not all people who work for Pharmaceutical Companies are evil. I think what Moore is doing is great."


So, there you have it. Michael is moving at full speed to expose the fallacies of the American Health Care System. I can't wait to see it. "SICKO".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see what he has to say. No doubt big pharma will sponsor 10 different "anti-moore" versions....lol