Monday, December 19, 2005

Carmike Goes Digital

I worked for Carmike Cinemas for about 7 years. Revolutionary they ain't. In fact I used to think their corporate motto was, "We trip over dollars to pick up dimes."

So, when I heard about this, I got really excited. I never, ever, ever expected Carmike Cinemas to be the leader in digital projection. But it's good to see.

I got to see about 10 minutes of Revenge of the Sith on one of these Christie machines and all I can say is "wow."

This is the future of film and I can't wait.

On a sidenote, this is way bigger news than anyone is giving it credit for. This is the third largest theatre chain in the country. That's a lot of projectors. I can't find news of it on IMDB, AICN, Google News, JoBlo, nothing. Is that weird, or have I actually scooped someone?

No comments: