Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Borrowed Time

I just wanted to make a bit of an announcement here. Neal Shaffer, our friend over at the Leftwich Commitee for the Proliferation of Thought and Opinion, dropped me an email announcing his next graphic novel project with Oni Press.

The press release is here.

Neal's writing is something that I've come to enjoy for a while now. I've severely enjoyed all of his published work to date and I don't think it's a secret that Elias and I have spent the last year-and-a-half adapting a screen version of One Plus One that we are in the process of getting produced with us at the helm.

So, when Neal sent me the press release for Borrowed Time I was intrigued by the idea and can't wait to read it. I've ordered my copy already. You'd all do well to do the same. And pick up his other stuff too. Pay particular attention to Last Exit Before Toll. I think if I had to pick a favorite Neal Shaffer book (aside from One Plus One, which I'm too close to, to count) Last Exit Before Toll would be it.

Seriously, even if you don't go out and buy any of Neal's books (which would be foolish) you should go buy a comic book of some sort, just to support the medium.

No comments: