Tuesday, November 01, 2005

That DVD that came out today...


I just wanted to remind everyone that Revenge of the Sith came out on DVD today.


Steve, Elias and I all got ours at midnight.

The deleted scenes are great, particularly the one with Grievous killing Shaak Ti. I haven't had time to get to the documentaries yet, though. The "Within a Minute" doc that is the centerpiece of the 2nd disc seems as though it will be fascinating. It's an hour-plus long documentary about how much it took to pull off one minute of screen time in Revenge of the Sith. Whether you like Star Wars or not that's still a fascinating window into filmmaking.

The behind-the-scenes documentaries that have been produced for every movie of the saga have been integral in my drive to become a filmmaker. (except for Empire, I can't find a copy of the one they made for Empire and I've been looking for it for years.)

So. Yeah.

Go out and get yourself a copy of Revenge of the Sith. And while you're at it, snag a copy of This Divided State, too.

No comments: