Saturday, September 03, 2005

Review of Missy

Well, it's been slow in the news for much of anything beyond the horrible tragedy that is unfolding still in our Gulf states. I don't feel like I have anything to say that hasn't been said already, but suffice to say both the situation and the federal response to it sadden me.

So. I thought I'd post something a bit light hearted. This is a review of a movie that Elias and I made right out of High School.

It's probably not that good. The movie, I mean. The review is good. The reviewer seemed to like it quite a bit.

So, for those of you who don't know: Elias and I decided not to go to film school. We decided to make a movie instead. So we came up with a bad script (don't all first movies start with that?) and built a two-room, two-hallway spaceship interior in my mother's backyard to shoot it in. It sort of worked. Parts of the movie make me throw up in my mouth a little when I see them, but it has a redeeming quality or two. It didn't need to be a good movie. It just needed to be film school for us. And it was, for better or for worse.

You can find the trailer HERE. (Thanks to Saturday Shorts for hosting it)

No comments: