Friday, September 09, 2005

Ratner's X-Men 3

I have a sneaking suspicion that Brett Ratners X-Men 3 is going to be to Singer's 1 and 2 what Schumachers Batman Forever was to Burtons 1 and 2. I don't want to think that, but everything I've read about it fills me with utter despair.

That was, until I read this: No Gambit for X-Men 3.

To be honest, this filled my heart with joy. I think Gambit is one of the most ridiculous characters in the Marvel Universe (which is peopled almost exclusively with ridiculous characters (Bucky, anyone?)). The only thing more preposterous than Gambit, is Gambit's costume. I mean... Look at it:

The image “http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Leigh_Croft/Black_Gambit.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Anyhow, the fact that he's not in the movie brings warm feelings to my heart. Although every female X-men fan in the world is now shaking their head in dissapointment, I still stand by that.

No comments: