Tuesday, May 02, 2006

COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL



Ok, I'm still in the process of moving into my new place here in Salt Lake City. So I still don't have internet, so I'm using the Kinko's down the street.

Coachella was amazing, inspiring, and extremely tiring. Here are all the bands I saw:

DAY ONE:

CELEBRATION
White Rose Movement
The Walkmen
WOLFMOTHER
Animal Collective
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
My Morning Jacket
KANYE WEST
SIGUR ROS
Ladytron
Franz Ferdinand
Depeche Mode

DAY TWO:
THE OCTOPUS PROJECT
Los Amigos Invisibles
James Blunt
METRIC
Wolf Parade
Bloc Party
Sleater Kinney
YEAH YEAH YEAHS
Madonna
Massive Attack
Tool


KAREN O is the greatest ever.

The bands I put in all-caps were bands that absolutely blew me away. I mean I was tired and it was clear sunny with tempuratures in the 90's but these bands kicked me in the ass. Celebration was a nice surprise, Wolfmother lifted the roof, Kanye West was amazingly entertaining, Sigur Ros lifted my spirits, The Octopus Project had me wide-eyed, Metric actually made me head bang (and I want to marry the lead singer now), and KAREN FUCKING 'O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs was hands down the best live performance of the whole festival.

I want to marry this girl. Anybody know her? She's in METRIC...

Madonna? Yeah I saw her. I actually got INTO the dance tent and saw the top of her head dancing around. I went out and flanked the tent a little and saw her full body. I was like, "Wow, that's Madonna. God, I'm hungry." Then I left and ate some burgers.

Random Highlight: Having a parking lot drinking party Friday night before going into the camp ground (no alcohol allowed in there). My riding partners, Davey and Nanci got retarded drunk and by the time we got to the campsite, they had passed out on the ground leaving me to put up the tent alone. It took me 3 hours. No joke. Davey drank almost an entire bottle of whiskey himself and he was like, "Dude, where are we? I'm serious man, I'm freaking out. Where the fuck are we?" That pretty much sums up our first night there.

No comments: