Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Borrowed Time


Well, today is the day. Neal's new comic book, "Borrowed Time" comes out today. I would like to encourage everyone who reads this to take the trip to their local comic book store today and buy it. I would also encourage everyone who reads this to take a trip to their local comic book store every Wednesday just so they can support the whole medium.

Comics are an important piece of popular art and literature, even more so with books of literary calibre like those that Neal and those like him are putting out. (I suppose you might be able to count Pirate Club in there.)

I've been moved more by some Comic Books than I have by most books. (That isn't to say I don't read books, I go out of my mind if I don't read at least a couple a week.) But the point is this: comics are worth your time and money. Take the time to go to the Comic Book Shop and buy some comics. You'll enjoy it. You'll learn to love Wednesdays, so you can take that trip to the Comic Shop and buy your weekly stash.

I assure you, you won't regret it.

(If any of you want a few suggestions as to which titles you should be getting, ask and I'll post some. Right now, I'm reading all the "Batman" titles regularly. Those are always good times (even if a guy like Judd Winick is pissing on the series with his hack writing. (If Judd Winick manages to read this, (which I doubt) I'm sorry I called you a hack, but Batman Annual this year was one of the worst comics I've ever read. You shouldn't bring Jason Todd back. Period.)))

Also, in case you hadn't gotten the idea before, Elias and I have been working on adapting Neal's One Plus One with Steve producing. That's what has been stealing all of my time and making blog posts infrequent as of late. I just want to urge everyone out there to get a copy and read it. You'll understand why we want to get it on the big screen.

No comments: