Thursday, April 13, 2006

Proportional Voting

Here's an interesting piece in the Salt Lake Tribune.

I think we need to do what we can to make this proportional electoral voting in Utah a reality. If we can't just axe the electoral college outright, this is the next best thing. The way the electoral system in this country works is a sham and it causes votes by the minority party in all but swing states to be regarded as useless.

Why should my vote for Ralhp Nader or John Kerry or whomever just go away because I happen to live in Utah?

If this were the case, we wouldn't have had to suffer through eight years of the Bush regime. (Well, it wouldn't have matttered in 2000, I guess. That election was rigged from the get-go.)

If anybody has anymore information about this initiative, feel free to let me know.

No comments: