Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Prairie Home Companion

I don't know about anyone else, but I am excited as all hell about Robert Altmans upcoming A Prairie Home Companion.

It just has everything going for it: Altman at the helm of an interesting cast, PT Anderson in an assistant to Altman sort of role, Lake Wobegone...

I don't know. Elias and I watched Short Cuts for the first time the other day (it was really, really good. PT Anderson obviously loved it. Watch Short Cuts and then Magnolia and you'll see what I mean) and the man can handle a big cast. And I've always like A Prairie Home Companion on the radio. I've listened to NPR pretty exclusively since just after I got out of High School and just sort of kept listening when Garrison Keilors show was on.

I don't know...

Anybody else want to see this as bad as I do? Watch the trailer HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PHC is better than listening to Lawrence Welk re-runs.

I'm amazed at how many conservative Utahns listen to PHC, though. When Mr. Keilor comes to Utah it's always a sell-out. Very popular man here but you wouldn't know it for how Utahns VOTE though.

Strange.

Is that Utahns like libruls for entertainment but they just reflexively tug the ALL REPUBLICAN lever in the voting booth?

We gotta change that. We need new blood in Congress. Replace Orrin with Pete.