Wednesday, December 20, 2006

U.S. Not winning in Iraq

Ordinarily, this wouldn't rate massive headline, that the U.S. isn't winning the war in Iraq, not for a long time now, anyway. It rates as a headline now because it's the first time Bush is the one saying it.

It's certainly no surpise to anyone with half a brain that we're not winning, but hearing Bush say it, I can't help but think that it's some type of political manuever. Maybe he's finally realized that things aren't going well in Iraq or maybe he's just realizing how much of an ass beating his party took in the mid-terms.

I don't know.

Maybe I'm just some type of jaded partisan hack, but all I see Bush doing is playing politics, not governing.

It's frustrating to me. Especially when people are dying because of decisions he makes that any five-year old could tell you would be a bad idea.

No comments: