Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Glorious Quicktime


Maybe seeing the trailer in Quicktime will change your tune.

Here's a link to the TMNT trailer.

Come on, you guys have to admit that the live-action Ninja Turtles movie (the first one) holds up as a really kick ass comic book adaptation. In fact, I watched it a couple of nights ago and still found myself laughing my ass off and getting worked up in all the right places.

I also just want to point out to everyone that they should read the run of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that Image published in the late nineties. Erik Larson of Savage Dragon fame edited it and it was probably 23 of the coolest issues of anything I've ever read. (I also got a letter of mine published in issue 21:)


At the end of the day, the Turtles are part of the modern pop-culture and mythology and I would argue that they are an important part of modern pop-culture and mythology. I would bet that the Ninja Turtles have name recognition as high as Batman or Superman or The Beatles or Adolf Hitler.

And the comics that have published that aren't kid-centric are some of the best that have ever been published. So.... There....

No comments: