Monday, December 04, 2006

Screening Success!


We had our first rough cut screening of "The Fleapit Three" tonight and I have to admit I was nervous.

Terrified even.

The thing about the film is that it's a comedy and at the end of the day, comedy is subjective. What makes me laugh won't necesarilly make anyone else laugh. And if people hated this movie, they'd basically saying that I have a shitty sense of humour.

But it went really, really well.

Frustratingly well in fact.

No one said anything to me in the form of constructive criticism. It was all pats on the back and "Great job" and "I'm an actor, when are you guys starting your next project?" and "that was hilarious, man."

I wanted someone to say, "Hey man, you need to shave a little bit here and add more of this and it'll be great." I don't have to listen to those people, but it would force me to evaluate a situation or an idea that I hadn't previously considered, but there was none of that tonight.

At the end of the day, it would seem as though we have a funny movie on our hands.

Watching it with a big audience though, really showed me where it lags and where it needs to pick up, so I have my work cut out for me as we prepare for another cut. Perhaps in the next month or two we'll do another screening and make it even bigger.

No comments: