Saturday, February 09, 2008

There Will Be Blood


I saw it again last night.

To be honest, I don't feel like you can say that you've seen it, if you've only seen it once.

This film is a masterpiece on at least 12 different levels and the screenplay is so tight and packed together, I don't know if it could have been a single frame shorter. There was no fat whatsoever on this three hour epic.

Each frame is carefully designed to take you on a journey so that the end of the film (and even a good four or five points in the middle) move you beyond reason.

Also, I'm wondering if this is a "guy" movie. You know, like when you'd watch John Wayne movies with your uncle or your grandfather or something, and then all the women would come in and just sort of roll their eyes. I mean, I took Amberley to see it and she liked it and acknowledged that is was good. (Better than good, it made her cry and she NEVER cries during movies). But she insisted she would never watch it again.

Long story short, if you haven't got on this bandwagon yet, you're really missing the boat. How's that for mixing metaphors?

No comments: