Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A couple of videos

Joel Petrie and I were going through some old pieces of work we'd done and we came across two things that we hadn't offered to the world of the internets yet. So, I'm pleased to show them to you you guys first.

This first piece is the opening sequence to a skate video I produced. It was called "A Black Tie Affair". I'm convinced it's one of the coolest skate videos ever and even if you don't dig skate videos, this is one of the coolest uses of Johnny Cash's "Hurt" also.

So, here's the opening sequence to Tie Affair:



Next is a scene I directed from a screenplay that Elias and I wrote. I directed this back in '04, but it's been sitting in the vaults, as it were. This was to be the first scene of the movie "Infidelity", but looking back on it, it's a bit melodramatic. Shade and Joel, the actors appearing in this, are top notch, but the camera work leaves something to be desired. It's amazing how much I've learned since this. I know if I were directing this again today, it would be about a thousand times better...



Nevertheless, let me know what you think about these videos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Looking back on that scene...Its kinda like watching a telemundo soap opera, only I can understand what they're saying...