Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Final Solution


I'm 3/4's of the way through reading Michael Chabon's short novel "The Final Solution" and I have to say I would love to adapt this material.

It reads like the kind of novel Graham Greene would have written for Carol Reed to turn into a film. It reads beat for beat like a movie but I can't find any information for a forthcoming movie. This would be a great black-and-white period piece, shot like a period film, much like Soderberghs "The Good German".

And Christopher Lee would make an amazing lead in this.

It would be so cool.

If anybody knows about what's going on with it, or if anyone has even heard of it, let me know.

Also, read the book. It's good. Also, read Chabon's masterpiece: "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay".

It's probably the best book I've ever read. Either that or "Don Quixote", which I finished reading for the second time on a crowded Trax train today. Which kind of sucked because of how sad the end is, it made me tear up a little and people were looking at me. It was a little embarrassing.

UPDATE: I finished reading the book and it is was good. I'm also fairly certain it was a Sherlock Holmes adventure, but it doesn't say.

UPDATE 2: Indeed. I looked it up and it seems as though it was Holmes. Regardless, it was a good book and would make a kick-ass old-school movie.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Sounds good. Who owns the rights?

Unknown said...

I'm assuming some giant studio or another...