Monday, February 26, 2007

Love your job or hate it, their's nothing quite so sublime as it's final day.

Fearing no occupation so much that I refuse to bear it, I've been subject to some pretty crappy jobs in my life, none so unhealthy and monotonous as my last, from which I joyfully departed less than two weeks ago. I won't bore you with the unpleasant details of said nine-to-five as I'm no fan of whining and plenty of people surely endure much worse. In the words of an accidentally enlightened Yankee: "You gotta do what you gotta do."

Needless to say I'm happier than a pig in shit to be working full time in the field that I love above all others (film) and hope to never look back. As many friends I've spoken to in the comic book industry will concede, scraping by is often the highest aspiration you can set for "dream jobs" of this kind, a fact that I've thankfully come to grips with long ago. Scraping by is all I know, so no loss there.

In short, this yammering is more or less intended to be a reintroduction of Elias to the faithful readers of the This Divided State Blog, as my new job has thankfully (maybe not for you all) afforded me much more time with the pen and paper. God. The last year of my life has been the least productive of my life from an artistic standpoint.

Anyway... Stay tuned for more dick and/or fart jokes, obscure gothic country CD reviews, endless references to The Ramones, the occasional mind blowing film or book review and the occasionally well intentioned tongue lashing of all rebukable forms of douche-baggery.

Don't worry, I still won't post that often.

Ting-a-ling.

No comments: