Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I should be ashamed of myself


Every once in a while I get random comments on my short stories blog from people breezing in on random search strings from Google. In fact, pretty much no one reads those short stories unless they wander in from the cold.

Yesterday some guy from Brentwood found my Ninja Turtles comic script by searching for "Yakuza Ninja." The day before that, a person in the UK found my Chet Chesterfield script by searching for a "story about a claw."

Personally, I find the search string phenomenon fascinating. It never ceases to amaze me the random search strings that lead here. (In fact, since I posted up about John's movie, "Blood, Boobs & Beast", we've been getting a rash of people hitting the blog searching for "boobs." No lie.)

Anyhow, I got a random comment on my story "The Train from Hell to Heaven" from a person searching for "NOT ASHAMED TO WEAR STAR OF DAVID."

And they read the entire story, which is basically about Hitler's stay in hell and how he wishes to repent. He considers how to best apologize to the Jews he wronged and he decided to wear torn and tattered clothes and, as a sign of respect, he stitches on a Star of David.

Anyhow, I'm not really sure why (because it makes little sense to me) this is the comment they decided to leave.
THAT WAS HORRIBLE YOU CANNOT PORTRAY A STORY TO BE SOMETHING ITS NOT. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF
I'm not sure how I portrayed the story to be something it wasn't. But considering this persons lack of reading comprehension and working knowledge about the "caps lock" button and only a passing familiarity with punctuation, I'm not sure what to think about this.

Read the story and comment. Let me know what those of you who haven't read it think.

No comments: