Monday, January 22, 2007

Neal Shaffer


Any long time readers of this blog know that I am a fan of Neal Shaffer and am damn proud of the fact that he saw fit to allow Elias and I the opportunity to work on getting his graphic novel "One Plus One" made into a feature film.

So, I saw some stuff Neal has been laboring over lately and wanted to post an update about what he's been up to.

His material certainly deserves all the attention I can send it. Which may not be much, but I do what I can.

First off, Neal wrote an article that was published about two icons in the design industry. Milton Glaser and Paula Scher. It's quite an interesting read. These two do the thankless work that it seems that no one notices. I mean, think about buying a comic book from DC five years ago. The logo was as much a part of the piece as the rest of the book, but there was never any question about its existence. I mean, for guys my age, the DC logo has been constant, ever-present. It was though DC came with it. But no, this man, Milton Glaser actually birthed it....

I'm not sure if that made any sense, but I hope you get the idea.

Anyhow, here's the article.

Next up, the second volume of Neal's "Borrowed Time" is coming up pretty soon. You can get more details on the "Borrowed Time" blog.

The first issue was quite good. I really liked it.

In fact, not to sound like a fanboy, I really like all of Neal's work. You could do worse by picking any of it up here. I highly recommend "Last Exit Before Toll."

No comments: