Saturday, March 25, 2006

When it Rains it Pours

It seems as though, for sure, the breach of the levees in New Orleans was predicted in no less than THREE reports.

Why does Bush keep standing behind the idea that it was, and I quote, "unforseeable" for them to breach? I guess it's the same problem everyone has pinning him down to one cause for the war on Iraq. I was so mad I could spit when he told Helen Thomas the other day that the reasons for the war didn't shift and he didn't want to go to Iraq. Which is complete Bullshit. (Capital "B" intended). Everyone who's come out of the administration has said "Bush wanted to go to Iraq."

Anyway. To make a long story short. I think politicians (not just Bush and his ilk, but all of them) should be forced to admit when they were completely wrong. Then they should apologise publicly for it.

Think about how that would play on TV: "My Fellow Americans. During my bungling of the Katrina disaster, I severely misinformed you, the American people, when I said that the breach of the levee system was something no one had predicted. I apologise deeply. We could have done something about it beforehand, but we didn't. Quite frankly, I'm not sure I cared. And some of you are asking if therir president cares. Well, I do. I care. Perhaps some of you might remember this as my Checkers speech... Heh, heh, heh."

1 comment:

Jack Tripper said...

I couldn't agree with you more Bryan. Bush wanted war - and Bush got his war. Pretty scary that bombs are still the answer to people's problems in the world. What ever happened to peace love and understanding?