Sunday, July 10, 2005

Experts fear 'endless' terror war

Read This.

This is article is dynamite. This is exactly how I've felt for a long time. Iraq was a giant step backwards. Apparently there are some experts that agree.

I hope I'm not giving anyone the impression that I'm just this bleak, naysaying, liberal asshole. I just really don't like the idea that people kill each other for the reasons it seems they're killing each other. I'm just frustrated by the situation and this article sort of encapsulates the way I've felt things have been going for a long time.

Ok, maybe I'm a little bit of a bleak, naysaying, liberal asshole. But I don't like the label "liberal." Liberal implies that I see things in black and white, only in absolutes. Conservative implies the same thing.

And we all know that only Sith deal in absolutes.

1 comment:

Elias said...

Why cure the disease when you can simply fight the syptoms? USA! USA! USA! ... I sure as Hell hope that came off as sarcastically as I intended it to. United States influence abroad has been stated (by al-Qaida) as the motivation behind every al-Qaida attack against us. If a doctor tells you to stop smoking or it will kill you, do you stop smoking? Not if you're the president of the United States. You insist that his recommendation is based solely on his contempt for your "way of life" and "everything you stand for", then you declare war on him for malpractice. Does any of this make sense?... I'm done.