Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory & More Movie Business

I took Anakin to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tonight before
a meeting I had with Steve, Elias and Michelle. (Michelle being the
production manager and Elias' wife, Anakin being my son). I have to
say, it is the first movie he has sat through for more than 85% of the
film, which says something about it.

As for me, I really don't feel strongly one way or the other about it.
It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. It was just, there. Like a Ron
Howard movie, it was just "good." There were no real surprises in it
if you've seen the original. It looked pretty however.

I don't know. There isn't much to say about it. It would almost be a
waste of time to say too much about it at all.

Then we all got together to meet. We talked about marketing and this
and that, but we sat down and watched the final cuts of the end of the
picture. (Remember how we had to get rid of some music for rights
reasons?) I have to say that things worked out for the better, and
Steve's editing never ceases to amaze me.

And the Swillers. Those guys are king. If anyone has a chance to go
to a show where Sweatin' Willy and the Utah County Swillers are
playing, go. They will rock your goddamn socks off.

No comments: