Monday, September 18, 2006

Two Things

I have a couple of things to bring up this fine Monday morning.

Apparently, one of my employees (which is still in High School) was assigned in class on Friday, along with the rest of her class, to rebut my letter that I wrote to Stan Kanter, care-of the Daily Herald. It seems as though the teacher (who, frighteningly enough is also the Debate Coach at Orem High) was so livid about the inherent wrongness of my response that she assigned her students to rebut it for her.

I found that deeply humerous as well as deeply troubling.

For one thing, why would an English teacher do something so obviously motivated by irrational partisan politics?

I don't know.

Anyhow, the employee in question is going to try and get some of the responses her classmates wrote so that I may display them here. I also told her that I would be more than happy to debate the teacher about this issue in class. It would be a hell of a learning experience.

Second, I have a theory about gas prices that I'll post shortly...

No comments: