Tuesday, September 12, 2006

National Holiday

I would be derelict in my duties as everyones resident Star Wars nerd if I didn't mention and call attention to the fact that today sees the release of the original theatrical versions of the classic Star Wars trilogy.

I've decided that I like both versions of the films the best. In the context of Episodes IV, V and VI as standalone theatrical events, the classic versions are the preferred version. However, in the context of the entire, overall saga, there is no doubt about the continuing glory of the Special Editions. In the Special Editions, most of the changes serve the overall saga much better.

Long story, short: I reaaaaally like Star Wars.

In honor of this Red Letter day, watch the fan film Elias and I filmed on the two year anniversary of the release of The Phantom Menace. (which was another excellent film, naysayers be damned.) It was made available in November 2001 as a bonus feature on the DVD for our first film "Missy"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd have less reason to post stuff like this repeatedly if you and Steve deigned to post more.

So, I blame you completely.

steven said...

hey you two, get a room!







and make sure you use the hot tub.
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.