Wednesday, October 17, 2007

STAR WARS with COMMERCIAL BREAKS


I thought I'd prempt Bryan's inevitable explosion of nerdery by writing this announcement. Brief. And to the point.

George Lucas is bringing "Star Wars" to television in an upcoming series that "has nothing to do with the Skywalkers or Darth Vader". He says it's about "the life of robots" which is what I thought all the prequels were about. Well, at least the characters were written to make it sound that way. "No. It's because I'm so in love with YOU. Beep. Beep. Boop"

But, in all seriousness, I'm sure the series will be awesomely enjoyable to watch. And it will probably destroy all competition in the Nielson ratings. I just hope it doesn't compete with "Lost" because that show is way better than "Star Wars".

Anyways, that's all. No one will be able to read this though because Bryan's post is going to be like 17 pages long and my post will disappear into the archives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I seem to think that I posted a bit about this in one of my comic-con reports.... from 2006...

In fact, I've mentioned this to you a couple of times in the last year.

... said...

Bryan, the date on that referenced LA Times article is October 17th.

That's hardly "yesterday's news" since today is the 17th.

It just took the Times and the rest of us months to get caught up on what you've known for months. And maybe years.

I say patience.