Monday, June 19, 2006

A Weekend at the Movies


Well, I had such a busy weekend that I forgot to update the blog in a couple of days. I'm sorry. It happens.

Anyhow: I worked on Saturday and then took the night off to go see Hard Candy up at Brewvies. (I invited Steve, but it wasn't on MySpace, so I don't know if he got the message). It was a good movie for such an obviously limited screenplay. It was two actors in a small, enclosed environment and you should all know I have a soft spot for films of that nature. It was well acted and well shot, but it was too long for the type of movie it was. It was also too expensive. The reason you write a screenplay with that type of focus on a situation is because you need to do it cheaply. They clearly had the money to show things they didn't, so that was quite annoying.

Then on Sunday, we shot our last day of principal photography on the theatre movie. We got a hell of a lot of it done. We still have a small round of pickups scheduled but the brunt of the movie is completed. We already have 81 minutes on the running time and I think, as soon as I finish editing, it'll run an even 90 minutes.

We also came up with an idea for a title I wanted to run by everyone:

The Fleapit Three

I think it sounds really cool and I have promotional material and pictures that would go perfectly with it. A couple of people have expressed concern about it, but at the moment, I really like it.

So, let me know what you think.

Also, the unrelated photo above is of my cat, General Grievous.

No comments: