Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Primaries

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to the first post of 2008.

I've held off talking about the primaries since I really don't know what to feel about them. Well, the candidates I know what to feel about, it's the process of the primaries itself that makes me feel uneasy.

Part of the reason that I haven't commented much on the primaries is the fact that unless I live in Iowa, New Hampshire or a half a dozen other randomly arbitrary states, what I have to say about it doesn't make a difference.

This two party system thing really makes me sort of uneasy.

What we need are four major contenders for the presidency. One each from the Republicans and Democrats, and then someone each from the further left and further right. Then, we do away with running mates. So the most popular is President, second-most is Vice-President and then three and four are anointed some cabinet positions.

It would truly be a bi-partisan way of governing.

In other, more important news, Vanity Fair did a kick ass spread on Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (including a picture of Cate Blanchett in costume!).

Go here to read that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, in the Constitution, the second place winner was supposed to be Vice-President. Unfortunately, it is possible for the President and Vice-President to not be able to work with each other. This was fixed in the 12th Amendment.