Thursday, August 02, 2007

Woody Allen and Ingmar Bergman


It's been interesting to see how many people have started to put the dots together on the connection between Woody Allen and Ingmar Bergman the week after Bergman's passing. I'm not saying I don't think no one noticed, I'm saying I don't think anyone cared.

I just wanted to point everyone to a couple of good pieces.

First up is a very interesting interview with Woody Allen about Ingmar Bergman. Read that here.

Then here is a breakdown of Woody Allen's "Bergman-isms". It's an interesting read as well if you care about Woody Allen films.

I do.

Personally, I think Shadows and Fog is Allen's most overt Bergman-esque film, in style, tone, theme and story specifically. It's also a terribly funny film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true.

Please check out our blog on Bergman, books, movies, and real life at www.weekxweek.blogspot.com